čtvrtek 22. března 2018

Pink Delight

When I was comfortable crocheting and started to understand how fiber crafting works a little, my fingers started to itch to actually learn knitting. I promised this as a holiday gift and intended to start in July, after all the exams. Then I had a very vivid dream on one of the last nights of June and it was very intense call for knitting. So I picked up needles and started.
The journey was a bit more complicated than with crocheting. My mum stepped in and showed me basics (which I had to re-learn later) and I wanted to make a shawl again, crescent shaped, stockinette and lace. So I did Birch Bark Canoe as my first bigger project.

Since I accidentally made about 20 rows more (I learned to be careful when reading patterns the hard way), I had to get third skein to finish it and had a lot left over, so I knitted matching fingerless mitts, Rue Véron Mittens. All the new things - circular needles, lace, DPNs, cables in one yarn, ombré beauty Drops Delight. Far from perfect but what would be the point of making a perfect knits as a beginner?





Ravelry: shawl and mitts.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat